Sunday, June 28, 2009

I am blessed with a woman of God

My beautiful bride of 11 years and I celebrated our anniversary this weekend. I can't believe that much time has passed. All jokes aside, she deserves a medal for being married to me. I barely put up with me! She is the mother of two incredible young men. She tells everyone her home is filled with boys with the older being the most disruptive and unmanageable. I am so grateful for her. I don't tell her often enough what she means to me. Proverbs 31:10-12 says, " A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies. Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value. She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life." Nothing could be more true of my wife, my friend. She was born 9 months after me. She often tells me God brought her into the world because He knew I would need her. She's absolutely right. As a matter of fact, the guys from Newsong knew it as well when they penned the lyrics to their song "When God made you He must have been thinking about me". Then chorus goes like this:

I wonder what God was thinking
When He created you
I wonder if He knew everything I would need
Because He made all my dreams come true
When God made you
He must have been thinking about me.

How true that is, my love, my best friend. I cannot begin to express what you mean to me. All I can say is that you save me every day. And every day I love you more. Happy Anniversary, Sweetheart. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment