Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Wait

Short and sweet...WAIT on Him.

Amazing thing about patience; such a vital necessity of life and in such short supply. I am, of course, speaking of and to...me. And you if this applies. So often, I rush to make something happen or jump the gun (for you Track and Field enthusiasts) when I should simply...wait. Psalms 27:14 says "Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord."(NIV). Why is that so hard? I am posing this non-rhetorical question to myself. Over and over, God reveals to me that He is control and that if I would stay out of the way, things would go more His way and less mine. My way seems to be fraught with busyness and "white noise". I define white noise as a lot of movement but nothing is actually happening. While I rack my brain to figure out why I continue to go in circles and with little forward movement, God is waiting, ever so patiently, to reveal to me that my shoe is nailed to the ground (that would certainly explain the dizzy spells) and that if I would let Him, He will take care of the nail. So simple yet so difficult. What nail is keeping you stuck in circles? Again, I pose this question to myself...and to you if it applies. Keep it real!

No comments:

Post a Comment